[Pacemaker] MySQL Master-Master replication with Corosync and Pacemaker

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Fri Jan 27 13:45:18 EST 2012

On 1/26/2012 8:12 PM, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
>> crm_mon says it is starting mysqld on mysql01.
>> (I think it actually stopped and restarted mysqld on mysql01 but
>> haven't been able to verify yet.  Seems gratuitous, but I can live
>> with that though.)
> do not start clustered services from init
>
> this is not pacemaker specific, any cluster vendor will tell you the
> same

Okay, but I can't see how that solves my problem, and testing shows it
doesn't.

mysqld          0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

Now when I reboot both machines pacemaker starts mysqld on the preferred
node and never starts it at all on the other node.  That's no good
because if the preferred node ever goes down the other node won't have
an up-to-date copy of the database replicated from it.

We can't be the first people who want to have transparent failover of a
database, and that means that there must be another mysql server for the
first one to replicate all changes to.  Is pacemaker simply the wrong
tool to manage this with?  Because pacemaker seems to require that only
one node should be running its managed service at a time.  Or have I
just failed to understand how to configure it to act differently?  Thanks.