[Pacemaker] MySQL Master-Master replication with Corosync and Pacemaker

Trevor Hemsley themsley at voiceflex.com
Thu Jan 26 12:05:49 EST 2012

Peter Scott wrote:
> Here's the detail: We have two MySQL comasters (each is a master and a
> slave of the other).  Traffic needs to arrive at only one machine at a
> time because otherwise conflicting simultaneous updates at each machine
> would cause a problem.
If this is true then your database design needs to be fixed. If all
tables have auto_increment columns and you add the parameters
auto_increment_increment= and auto_increment_offset= to /etc/my.cnf then
simultaneous updates can be made from both machines.

--
Voiceflex
Tel 0203 301 6000 | Fax 0203 310 6700

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and is confidential. If you are not an addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the firm at +44 (0) 20 3301 6000 or support at voiceflex.com.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Frontier Systems Ltd. Frontier Systems Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for this e-mail message due to the insecure nature of internet communications. Frontier Systems, 9 Warwick Street, London W1B 5LY Registered in England and Wales, No. 03544845