[Pacemaker] IP Range Failover with IPaddr2 and clone / globally-unique="true"

Reid, Mike MBReid at thepei.com
Fri Jan 20 17:02:33 EST 2012

Dejan,

Yes, thank you. I realized I was missing "unique_clone_address" in the
config, which made _most_ of the difference.

However, now I'm seeing some weirdness with regards to ARP -- In my setup,
I currently have three elastic IPs configured (effectively a small sample
of my intended IP Range), which all show up as Started, are visible via
"ip adds show", but only the to-pmost IP in the range is able to be
pinged?? It appears as if everything is working, I just can't use each of
the individual IP addresses. I even show all the CLUSTERIP IPTables rules,
etc.

I'm looking for some recommendations on figuring this out, because as far
as I can tell it's all working as intended, however the IPs cannot be
used. In the #linux-ha IRC channel, it was recommended I look into ARP
issues.

NOTE: I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 / Pacemaker 1.0.9

FWIW, all of the IP Addresses are Public IPs (against eth0 device) valid
(confirmed subnet/gateway, etc), since using individual IPaddr2 primitive
rules work for all of them. It's just when I attempt consolidating the CIB
configuration to leverage setup of the entire IP Range that it does not
work as intended. Could this be a bug or side effect of my version? I even
ensure "libnet1-dev" was installed and re-compile cluster resource agents,
with no luck.

Best,
- Mike