[Pacemaker] how does the exportfs resource agent work?

emmanuel segura emi2fast at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:06:54 EST 2012

you should check how you mount the nfs cluster share from your client

for example

mount -o hard,rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,suid,proto=tcp,vers=3 -t nfs
your_virtual_ip:/your_cluster_fs_share /mountpoint

man nfs

timeo=n        The  value  in  tenths  of  a second before sending the
first retransmission after an RPC timeout.  The
                      default value is 7 tenths of a second.  After the
first timeout, the timeout is doubled after each suc-
                      cessive  timeout  until  a  maximum timeout of 60
seconds is reached or the enough retransmissions have
                      occured to cause a major timeout.  Then, if the
filesystem is hard mounted, each  new  timeout  cascade
                      restarts  at  twice  the  initial value of the
previous cascade, again doubling at each retransmission.
                      The maximum timeout is always 60 seconds.  Better
overall performance may be achieved by increasing the
                      timeout when mounting on a busy network, to a slow
server, or through several routers or gateways.

       retrans=n      The  number  of  minor timeouts and retransmissions
that must occur before a major timeout occurs.  The
                      default is 3 timeouts.  When a major timeout occurs,
the file operation is either aborted or a  "server
                      not responding" message is printed on the console.