[Pacemaker] Cannot Create Primitive in CRM Shell

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Mon Jan 9 15:31:23 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

Andrew - I was having similiar problems and I believe I've fixed it on mine and wouldn't be surprised if it was the same on yours.

***All the credit goes to Florian and the Hastexo group from pointing me to the problem***

I use the ubuntu-ha-maintainers PPA also.  There is an updated version of libglib2.0-0 that (along with some fixes that are applied to corosync? in the ppa) fixes the issue you and I were seeing with adding primitives and ra info commands and even caused corosync to hang on stop for mine.
Problem is that the libglib2.0-0 has an updated package in Lucid updates which gives it priority over the version in the ppa.  To fix:

(assuming you are using the ubuntu-ha-maintainers ppa)

$vi /etc/apt/preferences.d/ubuntu-ha-maintainers-ppa-pin-995
and add:

Package: *
Pin: release o=LP-PPA-ubuntu-ha-maintainers
Pin-Priority: 995

Then apt-get upgrade.  Then I restarted both nodes and all was well.

HTH!

Jake