[Pacemaker] LVM Setup

Gregg Stock gregg at damagecontrolusa.com
Wed Jan 25 12:49:14 EST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to setup a 5 node cluster, the same topology as described in
Roll Your Own Cloud: Enterprise Virtualization with KVM, DRBD, iSCSI and
Pacemaker
http://blip.tv/linuxconfau/roll-your-own-cloud-enterprise-virtualization-with-kvm-drbd-iscsi-and-pacemaker-4738148

I'm stuck creating the pacemaker LVM resource. I'm not sure if pacemaker
doesn't see the volume group or something else is wrong.

Here is the basic setup on CentOS 5.7:
1. Six disks setup with a raid 0 array.
2. The raid device md0 is a physical volume with a volume group
vg_cluster and logical volume lv_iscsi0 on top.
3. A DRDB resource r0 that uses the logical volume lv_iscsi0 as the disk
- the device is /dev/drbd1
4. A physical volume that uses /dev/drbd1
5. A volume group iscsivg0 that uses /dev/drbd1

All of this seems to work fine but when I try and create a the LVM
primitive with iscsivg0, it is not able to start.

I've tried different filtering schemes in the lvm.conf file but no luck.
I'm not sure if pacemaker is not able to see the volume group or there
is some fundamental problem with what I'm trying to do.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

-Gregg Stock