[Pacemaker] IPaddr2 for tow nodes in a different VLAN

will mad ze.itcore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:21:29 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a two nodes cluster but each node resides in a specific VLAN :
node1 : ip=10.32.3.59 on VLAN1 10.32.3.0
node2 : ip=10.32.2.59 on VLAN2 10.32.2.0

I would like both nodes to be reachable through a unique IP address : For
example 10.32.3.60

To do this I tried to use the IPaddr2 agent.

Clients of my cluster are web browsers on the same VLAN than node1
(10.32.3.0). When node1 is active, everything works fine. But when node1 is
down and node2 is active, clients are unable to reach node2 via the virtual
IP. Since the virtual IP is not part of VLAN2, it seems quite normal. But
is there a way to manage a virtual IP when nodes are on different VLAN like
in my case?

Thanks for your help
William