[Pacemaker] Cannot Create Primitive in CRM Shell

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Fri Jan 6 16:24:51 EST 2012

Hello,

I am working with DRBD + Heartbeat + Pacemaker to create a 2-node highly-available cluster. I have been following this official guide on DRBD's website for configuring all of the components:
http://www.linbit.com/fileadmin/tech-guides/ha-nfs.pdf

However, once I go to configure the primitives in pacemaker's CRM shell (section 4.1 in the PDF above) I am unable to create the primitive. For example, I enter the following configuration for a DRBD device called "drive":

primitive p_drbd_drive \
ocf:linbit:drbd \
params drbd_resource="drive" \
op monitor interval="15" role="Master" \
op monitor interval="30" role="Slave"

After entering all of these lines I hit enter and nothing is returned - it appears frozen and I am never returned to the "crm(live)configure# " shell. An strace of the process does not reveal any obvious blocks. I have also tried entering the entire configuration on a single line with the same result.

What can I try to debug this and move forward with configuring pacemaker? Is there a command I can use to completely clear out pacemaker to perhaps start fresh?

Thanks,

Andrew