[Pacemaker] setup multimaster drbd with ocfs without o2cb and controld

thomas polnik info+pacemaker at polnik.de
Thu Jan 5 11:49:44 EST 2012

Hello,

I want setup follow:
2 servers with multimaster drbd and ocfs filesystem and mount it.

*system: gentoo, 2.6.39, pacemaker-1.1.5

*Setup pacemaker:

# misc settings
property no-quorum-policy="ignore"
property stonith-enabled="false"
rsc_defaults resource-stickiness="200"

# drbd setup
primitive resDrbd ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource="images" op start
interval="0" timeout="240s" op stop interval="0" timeout="240s"
ms msDrbd resDrbd meta master-max="2" clone-max="2" notify="true"

# ocfs setup via lsb:ocfs2
primitive resOcfs lsb:ocfs2 op monitor interval="20" timeout="40" meta
is-managed="true" target-role="Started"
clone clResOcfs resOcfs meta target-role="Started"

# FS setup
primitive resFsImages ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
     params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/images" directory="/srv/images"
fstype="ocfs2" options="rw,noatime" \
     op start interval="0" timeout="60s" \
     op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
clone clResFsImages resFsImages \
     meta target-role="Started"

# setup order of primitives
order grDrbdOcfsFs inf: msDrbd:promote clResOcfs:start clResFsImages:start

Problem:
If one server goes down and comes back, the other node umount
/srv/images, shutdown ocfs2 und stop drbd and then both nodes start the
services again. After this, all services works fine again, but I have an
outage duration of 5 seconds.

I think, this is not necessary, I don't know, why pacemaker shutdown all
services on the running node.

btw: I can not use ocf:ocfs2:o2cb and ocf:pacemaker:controld ([1])
because pacemaker-1.1.5 on a gentoo system does not offer me this
agents. So I choose lsb:ocfs2 to use ocfs.

Has anybody a hint for me, how can I prevent it?

Best regards,
thomas.

[1] http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-ocfs2-pacemaker.html