[Pacemaker] stonith in a virtual cluster

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Wed Feb 29 08:12:19 EST 2012

Jean-François,

I realize I'm late to this discussion, however allow me to chime in here anyhow:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin
<Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>> Have you looked at fence_virt? http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Guest_Fencing
>
> Yes I did.
>
> I had a quick go last week at compiling it on Debian/Squeeze with
> backports but with no luck.

Seeing as you're on Debian, there really is no need to use fence_virt.
Instead, you should just be able to use the "external/libvirt" STONITH
plugin that ships with cluster-glue (in squeeze-backports). That
plugin works like a charm and I've used it in testing many times. No
need to compile anything.

http://www.hastexo.com/resources/hints-and-kinks/fencing-virtual-cluster-nodes
may be a helpful resource.

Cheers,