[Pacemaker] Upstart resources

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Mon Feb 27 06:27:41 EST 2012

On 02/27/12 11:37, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Ante Karamatic <ivoks at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>>> Actually this is /really/ bad as it subverts our recovery policies.
>>> Restarting on the local machine is not the only option.
>>
>> It's an option. If you add 'respawn' to upstart job, it will respawn on
>> failure.
>
> I know, but whatever the admin specifies should over-rule the package
> maintainer's defaults.
> From what you're saying, this is not possible with Upstart.  Which is bad.

Alas, to the best of my knowledge the only way to change a specific
job's respawn policy is by modifying its job definition. Likewise,
that's the only way to enable or disable starting on system boot. So
there is a way to overrule the package maintainer's default -- hacking
the job definition.

All of which isn't exactly pretty. What you could say in the Upstart
folks' defense is that the job definitions themselves are at least
always defined as config files in the .deb packages, so they won't get
clobbered on upgrades.

Cheers,
Florian

--