[Pacemaker] colocation quandery

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Wed Feb 22 11:56:31 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin
<Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about colocation.
>
> (This is on a tiny 2 nodes virtual test cluster with pacemaker-1.1.6
> from Debian Squeeze backports)
>
> I've read the Pacemaker_Explained doc (1.1) and the thread
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/69686
>
> many times and I can't wrap my head around it so I created a test
> environment to play around the different scenarios. But...
> is it possible to use crm to create the colocation as in Example 6.16 in
>
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-sets-collocation.html
>
> I've only been able to stuff the relevant xml bits into the cib using cibadmin.

Yes. It's just within a resource set, the sequence in which you
specify the resources in constraints is identical to that of groups,
and the reverse of standard binary colocation constraints. Confused
yet?

The 6.16 example in shell syntax is as follows:

colocation coloc-1 inf: ( A B C ) D

Just enter that into the configuration, and then do "configure show
xml coloc-1".

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Florian