[Pacemaker] Pacemaker will not mount ocfs2

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Feb 21 08:26:31 EST 2012

On 02/21/12 13:39, Johan wrote:
> I've been following this http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/cluster-
> xen-corosync-pacemaker-drbd-ocfs2.en tutorial on how to setup a pacemaker xen
> cluster. I'm all new to this so pls bear over with me.
> The big problem is that when UI get to the pont where the filasystem should
> "automagically" mount, it doesn't.
>
> Here's my config:
>
> node cluster01
> node cluster02
> primitive Cluster-FS-DLM ocf:pacemaker:controld \
>         op monitor interval="15" \
>         meta target-role="Stopped"
> primitive Cluster-FS-DRBD ocf:linbit:drbd \
>         params drbd_resource="cluster-ocfs" \
>         operations $id="Cluster-FS-DRBD-ops" \
>         op monitor interval="20" role="Master" timeout="20" \
>         op monitor interval="30" role="Slave" timeout="20"
> primitive Cluster-FS-Mount ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
>         params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/cluster-ocfs" directory="/cluster"
> fstype="ocfs2"
> ms Cluster-FS-DRBD-Master Cluster-FS-DRBD \
>         meta resource-stickines="100" master-max="2" notify="true"
> interleave="true" target-role="Stopped"
> clone Cluster-FS-Mount-Clone Cluster-FS-Mount \
>         meta interleave="true" ordered="true" target-role="Stopped"
> order Cluster-FS-After-DRBD inf: Cluster-FS-DRBD-Master:promote Cluster-FS-
> Mount-Clone:start
> order Cluster-FS-DLM-Order inf: Cluster-FS-DRBD-Master:promote Cluster-FS-Mount-
> Clone:start
> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>         dc-version="1.0.9-74392a28b7f31d7ddc86689598bd23114f58978b" \
>         cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
>         expected-quorum-votes="2" \
>         no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
>         default-resource-stickiness="1000" \
>         stonith-enabled="false" \
>         last-lrm-refresh="1329823386"
>
> I keep getting the:
>  info: RA output: (Cluster-FS-Mount:1:start:stderr) FATAL: Module
> scsi_hostadapter not found.

That's a red herring. Why the Filesystem RA is still trying to modprobe
scsi_hostadapter, and is even logging any failure to do so with a FATAL
priority, don't ask. :)

However, with all those target-role="Stopped" attributes in there
nothing of interest is really expected to start.

> in the /var/log/syslog
>
> I've been googling around for a solution but all of them seem to fail for me.
>
> any help is much appreciated

That tutorial is wrong in several places. Specifically,

"One word about OCFS2. In a perfect world, we should manage OCFS2 with
pacemaker. In this particular case, this won't be the case (I had issues
with lock managment which is mandatory for pacemaker)."

... is just nonsense. You can (and should) put the DLM and O2CB under
Pacemaker management. See the ocf:pacemaker:controld and
ocf:pacemaker:o2cb resource agents for details.

Also, you'll probably need to update your OCFS2 with "tunefs.ocfs2
--update-cluster-stack" before you can mount it.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?