[Pacemaker] pacemaker - corosync with not automatic failover

Dimokritos Stamatakis dimstamat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:26:29 EST 2012

Hello,
regarding my previous issue with pacemaker and heartbeat there was a
problem with the version that apt-get used to retrieve. I now use
pacemaker with corosync and it works fine.

In our setup we need to have the ability to decide which node shall get
the failover IP resource and force them to do so.
In the default corosync-heartbeat configuration the cluster nodes decide
which one shall get the failover IP resource. I want a way to stop the
nodes from auto-assigning the failover IP resource after a node failure.
I tried with monitoring disabled, but nothing happened. If I kill the
node that owns the failover IP resource, then they elect another node as
the new failover IP owner.
I want to stop that, and be able to assign the failover IP to a specific
node via the "crm resource migrate failover-IP node_x" command whenever
I want, and corosync not to assign by itself!

Is there a way to do that?

Many thanks,
Dimos.