[Pacemaker] Improvement for the communication failure of booth

Jiaju Zhang jjzhang at suse.de
Mon Dec 17 18:02:54 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 22:14 +0900, yusuke iida wrote:
> Hi, Jiaju
>
> I would like to attach the function which displays a communicative
> state on booth.
> In the present booth, when communication between sites stops service,
> no errors are told.
> If it becomes like this, the user cannot notice a problem.
> I think that he would like to define newly the variable which saves
> the communication state of paxos, in order to solve this problem.
> I want to display on the client command, and its state.
> Is this thought realistic?

Good suggestion! I think it may need to introduce a notifier callback so
that the failure of communicating with the problematic node can be
notified to the "active" node. This makes sense for the active node,
because it will make the admin know how many healthy "passive" nodes
currently there are and any potential issues might be resolved in
advance.

Regarding the implementation of this feature, I think it is doable
although it may need a lot of changes;)

Thanks,
Jiaju