[Pacemaker] booth is the state of "started" on pacemaker before booth write ticket info in cib.

Yuichi SEINO seino.cluster2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:01:37 EST 2012

Hi Jiaju,

2012/12/12 Jiaju Zhang <jjzhang at suse.de>:
> On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 20:15 +0900, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
>> Hi Jiaju,
>>
>> Currently, booth is the state of "started" on pacemaker before booth
>> writes ticket information in cib. So, If the old ticket information is
>> included in cib, a resource relating to the ticket may start before
>> booth resets the ticket. I think that this problem is when to be
>> daemon in booth.
>
> The resouce should not be started before the booth daemon is ready. We
> suggest to configure an ordering constraint for the booth daemon and the
> managed resources by that ticket. That being said, if the ticket is in
> the CIB but booth daemon has not been started, the resources would not
> be started.

booth RA finishes booth_start when booth changed the daemon from the
foreground process.(To be exact, "sleep 1" is included). The current
booth change daemon before catchup. On the other hand, the previous
booth change daemon after catchup. catchup write a ticket in cib.
 Even if an ordering constraint is set, as shown below, the related
resource can start when booth changes the state of "started" on
pacemaker. At this point, the current booth still may not finish
catchup.

crm_mon paste.
booth    (ocf::pacemaker:booth-site):    Started multi-site-a-1

>> Perhaps,  this problem didn't happen before the following commit.
>> https://github.com/jjzhang/booth/commit/4b00d46480f45a205f2550ff0760c8b372009f7f
>
> Currently when all of the initialization (including loading the new
> ticket information) finished, booth should be regarded as ready. So if
> you encounter some problem here, I guess we should improve the RA to
> better reflect the booth startup status, but not moving the
> initialization order, since it may introduce other regression as we have
> encountered before;)

I am not still sure which we should fix RA or booth.

--
Yuichi SEINO
METROSYSTEMS CORPORATION
E-mail:seino.cluster2 at gmail.com