[Pacemaker] Corosync with puppet

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Mon Apr 2 11:07:02 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-02T11:34:23, Hugo Deprez <hugo.deprez at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using a puppet mode in order to manage my cluster.
> I get a weird thing with the start & stop of the corosync daemon.
>
> When I modify the corosync.conf file, puppet is asked to restart / reload
> corosync, but it failed on the command :
>
> start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry forever/QUIT/1 --pidfile
> /var/run/corosync.pid
>
> this command doesn't seems working when corosync is running.
>
> Any idea what's wrong here ?

There is only a certain amount of changes you can make during a rolling
upgrade/configuration change, which apparently is what you're doing
here. i.e., you can't just change the network configuration on a single
node. Doing something like changing the logging functions is feasible.

But maybe you're doing something entirely different, because you've sort
of failed to elaborate what you mean by "failed" and "doesn't seem to be
working" - what's the error, and what are you trying to do?

(What Florian said may be a good choice, i.e., detach and reattach after
a configuration change, if you can live with the brief period of
exposure.)

Regards,
    Lars

--