[Pacemaker] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_{ordered,notify,interleave}

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Mon Apr 2 07:04:37 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
>> Well, but you did read the technical reason I presented here?
>
> Yes, and it boiled down to "don't let the user hang themselves".
> Which is a noble goal, I just don't like the way we're achieving it.
>
> Why not advertise the requirements in the metadata somehow?

The only way to do that is in the longdesc. There is nothing in the
schema that would allow us to do this in a machine-readable way so the
shell, HAWK, LCMC or anything else could warn the user by themselves.

>> Why are we not supposed to check for things like notify, ordered, allow-migrate?
>>
>>> My concern with providing them all to RAs is that someone will
>>> probably start abusing them.
>>
>> _Everything_ about an RA can be abused. Why is that any concern of
>> yours? You can't possibly enforce, from Pacemaker, that an RA actually
>> does what it's supposed to do.
>
> No, but I can take away the extra ammo :)

You can count on there always being one round in the gun pointed at your foot.

Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now