[Pacemaker] concurrent uses of cibadmin: Signon to CIB failed: connection failed

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 29 15:45:32 EDT 2011

So, in another thread there was a discussion of using cibadmin to
mitigate possible concurrency issue of crm shell.  I have written a test
program to test that theory and unfortunately cibadmin falls down in the
face of heavy concurrency also with errors such as:

Signon to CIB failed: connection failed
Init failed, could not perform requested operations
Signon to CIB failed: connection failed
Init failed, could not perform requested operations
Signon to CIB failed: connection failed
Init failed, could not perform requested operations

Effectively my test runs:

for x in $(seq 1 50); do
    cibadmin -o resources -C -x resource-$x.xml &
done

My complete test program is attached for review/experimentation if you wish.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?  I'm using pacemaker
1.0.10-1.4.el5 for what it's worth.

Cheers,
b.