[Pacemaker] Pacemaker and DRBD - Will Not Promote

Ted Young mail at tedyoung.me
Fri Oct 28 14:40:43 EDT 2011

Thank you for your response.  I see what you are saying.  I followed along
with the manual and added a file system, set up the co-location, and the
ordering.  However, I still have the same problem: when san1 is taken
off-line san2 simply remains a slave and, now, the file system is removed
from the list of resources.  When I bring san1 back online it becomes the
master and the filesystem reappears in the list of resources.

Here is my updated configuration:

node san1 \

        attributes standby="off"

node san2

primitive drbd ocf:linbit:drbd \

        params drbd_resource="r0" \

        op monitor interval="60s"

primitive fs ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \

        params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/mnt" fstype="ext3"

ms msdrbd drbd \

        meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" notify="true"

colocation fs-on-drbd inf: fs msdrbd:Master

order drbd-then-fs inf: msdrbd:promote fs:start

property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \

        dc-version="1.1.5-01e86afaaa6d4a8c4836f68df80ababd6ca3902f" \

        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \

        expected-quorum-votes="2" \

        no-quorum-policy="ignore" \

        stonith-enabled="false"

rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \

        resource-stickiness="100"

These are the only two computers in this network and nothing is appearing in
the logs.

Thank you again for everyone's time,

Ted