[Pacemaker] DRBD / KVM / Pacemaker active/active

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Fri Oct 28 07:12:57 EDT 2011

On 10/28/11 12:08, Nick Morrison wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Noob question again.
>
> I keep reading about people running primary/primary drbd pairs with Xen
> on top to do live migration.
>
> Can someone doing so please comment: is this setup safe? How do you
> ensure that the two hosts don't both start the same guest? Does you use
> an external locking mechanism? Or do you use a cluster-aware filesystem?
>
> Cheers!
> Nick

I guess the biggest issue is to prevent a DomU to start on both nodes.
So to be avoided is:

- creating a cluster resource that could do that (clone, master)
- splitbrain => stonith!

What I find a challenge still (see other recent post) is to avoid a
non-uptodate DRBD resource being promoted to primary and being used by
the cluster. Either it should not become a master resource, or a
constraint should exist to avoid it being used. I need to figure that
one out still.

B.