[Pacemaker] pcmk + corosync + cman for dlm support?

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Oct 28 03:34:11 EDT 2011

28.10.2011 04:04, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just want to make sure this is still the case before I go through
> with it. I am trying to setup an
> active/active using:
>
> Corosync 1.4.2
> Pacemaker 1.1.6
> Cluster3
> DRBD 8.3.7
> OCFS2
>
> The only reason I installed Cluster3 was for dlm support. Fencing
> would be handled by stonithd.
> Is there any reason I need to fully install and configure two cluster
> managers. Defining nodes in
> both cman and corosync/openais?

You may look at
http://www.mail-archive.com/pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org/msg09959.html

That message contains Andrew's dlm_controld patch for shortening fencing
path - it now talks directly to stonith subsystem, rebased for 3.0.17,
and some fixes to make it all compile. Some work should probably be done
to make it apply/compile on latest cluster3.

That way I eliminate cman from stack (except some dlm-related libs) and
run cluster with stable fencing on top of corosync/openais.

Best,
Vladislav