[Pacemaker] CentOS RPM build for pacemaker-pygui/mgmt

Brent Harsh pacemaker at brentharsh.com
Wed Oct 26 18:04:57 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

On 10/26/2011 5:39 PM, Mike Toler wrote:

> I am examining the requirements for upgrading our old heartbeat
> configuration to the newest pacemaker/heartbeat/corosync versions, and
> all seems well except that I cannot find the RPM for the pygui/mgmt
> module.
>
> There is a note from February of last year aboutbuilding the RPM for
> that being"on the list", but I can't find it anywhere.  On PBone, they
> have the 1.99version, but it doesn't work with the CentOS RPMs I
> downloaded from ClusterLabs.

I'm in a similar "upgrade" boat, Mike.  I'm curious to get a data point
from another user as to which versions of Pacemaker/Corosync you chose
to go with.  Our base is still CentOS 5, and I actually couldn't find
current-patched versions of the more recent Pacemaker 1.1 or
1.2/Corosync  (1.3/1.4) for the RHEL-class on ClusterLabs so reverted to
using the 1.0 versions.  Since my old Heartbeat 2.? config was so simple
I did just enough to get a floating IP and an apache resource up for
now.  It's been fun to see the advances (even though my version I'm
experimenting with is so old!)

Which versions did you choose, and why?

Someday I'll hope to get some time to play in a lab with the latest,
maybe on a newer CentOS or Fedora.

Good luck in your GUI RPM quest; I'll let you know if I come across
anything.  Thus far, I haven't used any of the GUIs at all.

--
Brent Harsh
Cary, NC USA