[Pacemaker] Cluster goes to (unmanaged) Failed state when both nodes are rebooted together

mark - pacemaker list m+pacemaker at nerdish.us
Mon Oct 24 11:08:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh> wrote:

> **
> Setting no-quorum-policy to ignore and disabling stonith is not a good
> idea.  You're sort of inviting the cluster to do screwed up things.

Isn't "no-quorum-policy ignore" sort of required for a two-node cluster?
 Without it, all services stop when one of your nodes gets taken offline,
which is definitely not what you want.  You can use "freeze" instead, but
then the resources for the downed node don't get started on the surviving
one.

The problem he's running into sounds like one I posted a question on a while
back, where a node returning to the cluster doesn't wait to see if services
are running elsewhere, instead it instantly tries to start all services on
itself the second corosync launches, even though they're already started,
leading to what his output shows, services in a started/unmanaged state.  I
had this while running on CentOS 6 and Scientific Linux 6.1 using pretty
much stock corosync.conf files (just adjusted for network addresses).  I
rebuilt the nodes with Debian for other reasons (Xen support and
familiarity) and as a nice side effect, that problem disappeared.

Mark