[Pacemaker] [Problem] The attrd does not sometimes stop.

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Fri Oct 21 09:12:25 EDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 07:30 PM, renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thank you for comment.
>
> We reproduce a problem, too and are going to send a report.
> However, the problem does not reappear for the moment.
I gather that the folks on the test team for my project have it happen
fairly often when they're in a certain stage of testing.  I expect to
get some hb_report output from them in a week or two.  I have put in a
link to Andrew's bug system from ours so that hopefully when the time
comes we will be able to remember what to do ;-)

We had not narrowed it down to attrd being the component that didn't
stop - but looking at the logs for what they did report, it seemed like
the likely suspect.  I had already decided that it looked like the most
likely candidate before I saw your email.

They had put in a workaround of just killing everything - which of
course works ;-).  At the place where it hung, all the resources were
already stopped, so it was safe - just a bit of overkill (beyond the
minimum necessary).

--
     Alan Robertson<alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce