[Pacemaker] Questions about reasonable cluster size...

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Thu Oct 20 10:42:46 EDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 03:11 AM, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> On 10/20/2011 03:15 AM, Steven Dake wrote:
>> On 10/19/2011 01:50 PM, Alan Robertson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an application where having a 12-node cluster with about 250
>>> resources would be desirable.
>>>
>>> Is this reasonable?  Can Pacemaker+Corosync be expected to reliably
>>> handle a cluster of this size?
>>>
>>> If not, what is the current recommendation for maximum number of nodes
>>> and resources?
Steven Dake wrote:

We regularly test 16 nodes.  As far as resources go, Andrew could answer
that.

> I start to have problems with 10+ nodes. It`s heavly depended on
> corosync configuration afaik. You should test it.
This is somewhat different from Steven's comment.  Exactly what things
did you have in mind for the corosync configuration that could either
help or hurt with larger clusters?

Steven:  Proskurin seems to think that there are some particular things
to watch out for in the Corosync configuration for larger clusters.
Does anything come to mind for you about this?

--
     Alan Robertson<alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce