[Pacemaker] Strange failure with ocf:heartbeat:apache when corrupting config file

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Oct 13 07:12:22 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-13 12:52, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a res:Apache defined like:
>
> primitive resApache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
> 	params configfile="/etc/apache2/apache2.conf" httpd="/usr/sbin/apache2" \
> 	op monitor interval="30"
>
> When I remove /etc/apache2/apache2.conf on the active node The cluster does
> not start the resource on the other node. Both nodes have a score of -inf for
> the resource. But the resource could start happily on the other node since the
> configfile is not corrupted there.
>
> Any ideas?

Aw c'mon. You wrote a book about this; you ought to know that one. :)

Take a look at the apache RA, see which error code it returns when it
can't parse the config file. Should be obvious then. At least it seems
obvious to me -- unless I'm missing something important, in which case
I'd be happy to stand corrected.

I'd merge a fix, btw. I just have no time fixing that RA now.

Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now