[Pacemaker] Postgres RA won't start

Serge Dubrouski sergeyfd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:41:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Amar Prasovic <amar at linux.org.ba> wrote:

> Thank you all for tips and suggestions. I managed to configure postgres so
> it actually starts.
>
> First, I updated resource-agents (Florian thanks for the tip, still don't
> know how did I manage to miss that :) )
> Second, I deleted postgres primitive, cleared all failcounts and configure
> it again like this:
>
> primitive postgres_res ocf:heartbeat:pgsql \
>         params pgctl="/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl"
> psql="/usr/bin/psql" start_opt="" pgdata="/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main"
> config="/etc/postgresql/8.4/main/postgresql.conf" pgdba="postgres" \
>
>         op start interval="0" timeout="120s" \
>         op stop interval="0" timeout="120s" \
>         op monitor interval="30s" timeout="30s" depth="0"
>
> After that, it all worked like a charm.
>
> However, I noticed some strange output in the log file, it wasn't there
> before I updated the resource-agents.
>
> Here is the extract from the syslog:
>
> http://pastebin.com/ybPi0VMp
>
> (postgres_res:monitor:stderr) [: 647: monitor: unexpected operator
>
> This error is actually reported with any operator. I tried to start the
> script from CLI, I got the same thing with ./pgsql start, ./pgsql status,
> ./pgsql stop

Weird. I don't know what to tell. The RA is basically all right, it just
misses one nor very important fix. On my system CentOS 5. PosgreSQL 8.4 or
9.0 it doesn't produce any errors. If understand you log right the problem
is in line 647 of the RA which is:

[ "$1" == "validate-all" ] && exit $rc

I do not see why it would complain on this line.

--
Serge Dubrouski.