[Pacemaker] Stopping corosync on the slave in a 2 node cluster causes all the resources on the master to stop. Please Help.

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Wed Oct 12 08:11:00 EDT 2011

Tom,

On 2011-10-12 14:02, Tom Pride wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I was hoping that someone might be able to do a quick review of my
> cluster config, shown below, to work out why when I shutdown corosync on
> the master all the resources failover to the slave without a problem,
> but if I shutdown corosync on the slave all of the resources on the
> master stop as well, leaving me with both nodes broken.  Obviously what
> I want to happen is to be able to shutdown corosync on the slave and all
> of the resources running on the master to remain untouched. I must have
> something not quite right in the logic of my cluster config.

As your issue may not only be caused by a problem in your cluster
configuration (which you have provided), but also by your cluster status
(which you haven't), I'd ask that you create a CIB dump with "cibadmin
-Q > /tmp/cib.xml", upload that to pastebin or whatever your favorite
service is, and share the URL.

Cheers,
Florian

--