[Pacemaker] primary does not run alone

H.Nakai nakai at shinko.co.jp
Tue Oct 11 21:09:12 EDT 2011

Hi, Lars, everybody

(2011/10/11 17:24), Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> DRBD has fencing policies (fencing resource-and-stonith, for example),
> which, if configured, cause it to call fencing handlers (handler { fence-peer .... })
> when appropriate.
>
> There are various fence-peer handlers.
>  One is the "drbd-peer-outdater",
> which needs dopd, which at this point depends on the heartbeat
> communication layer.

Yes, but one problem is heatbeat or crm do not get the status
of drbd correctly.
These are versions of my system, maybe old.
drbd83-8.3.8-1.el5
heartbeat-3.0.5-1.1.el5
pacemaker-1.0.11-1.2.el5
resource-agents-3.9.2-1.1.el5
centos5.6

I checked some variables
in /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/linbit/drbd script,
on going shutdown.
In drbd_status() or maybe_outdate_self(),
drbd recognize both roles(local and remote) correctly.
$DRBD_ROLE_LOCAL and $DRBD_ROLE_LOCAL show roles
"Secondary" or "Unknown".
But, $OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_master_uname or
$OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_promote_uname still show
hostname which was primary.
So, it writes "outdate" to local.
I do not understand why $OCF_RESKEY... are needed.
I think it's enogh to check only $DRBD_ROLE... variables.
In the newer version, $OCF_RESKEY... are ignored?
Or correct?

Thanks,

Nickey