[Pacemaker] Configuring Pacemaker & DRBD

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Oct 7 16:13:21 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-07 21:23, Cliff Massey wrote:
> I  meant 8.40 :)
>
>  I ended up deciding to use Corosync instead of Heartbeat and it is working now. Now I'm configuring a KVM resource to depend on drbd. The KVM machine is started by Pacemaker,  but when I try "resource migrate" to move it to the other node nothing happens.

Yeah, can't work. For a resource with meta allow-migrate=true to
migrate, anything which that migrating resource depends on must already
be present on the target node. Which, when your KVM resources use DRBD,
can only ever work in a dual-Primary configuration. So, either set
allow-migrate to false (so migration reverts to the default "shut down
here, fire up there" method), or -- if and only if you're familiar with
its implications -- set up a DRBD dual-Primary configuration.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with DRBD?