[Pacemaker] pacemaker kills corosync

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Wed Oct 5 07:39:49 EDT 2011

Hi Max,

> Normally pacemaker is loaded by Corosync, ie you just start corosync
> and leave pacemaker stopped and disabled via chkconfig. This is set
> in corosync.conf by this:
>
> service {
>         # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
>         name: pacemaker
>         ver:  0
> }
>
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/s-configure-corosync.html

Yes, I followed this HowTo, but it mentions that the directive service
{} should be in /etc/corosync/service.d/pcmk, not in
/etc/corosync/corosync.conf

And it also mention in the note at the bootm that pacemaker is not
started automatically by corosync, that it will have to be started
later by /etc/init.d/pacemaker start in part 3.2 of the HowTo.

Thank you,

Olivier