[Pacemaker] Dual-Primary DRBD with OCFS2 on SLES 11 SP1

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Wed Oct 5 01:07:11 EDT 2011

05.10.2011 02:30, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Vladislav,
>
> Thank you so much for your response! Just when I though I hit a wall.
> Perfect timing.
> Actually, I was thinking about setting up a Pacemaker VM Cluster for production.
> The only problem I foresee is stonith. I am not sure if virt is fit
> for production?

I'd say 'yes' if conditions I wrote about are met. Unfortunately, you'll
probably get SPOF with qpid server, at least my trials to get *working*
qpid cluster failed. There are also some API compatibility issues
between qpid releases (from what I remember) which make it impossible to
upgrade to latest qpid if you need fence_virt.

It would be great if somebody write something similar to
fence-virtd-libvirt-qpid, but on top of corosync or ais instead of qpid
(wondering if it is possible at all).

Ah, it still may have some problems while vm's are being migrated,
because then two hosts will list that vm's in qpid, and fence_virt is
not smart enough to deal with that.

Vladislav