[Pacemaker] pacemaker/dlm problems

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Mon Oct 3 04:29:47 EDT 2011

03.10.2011 10:56, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov<bubble at hoster-ok.com>  wrote:
>> 03.10.2011 04:41, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> All existing DC's give up the role and a new one is elected when two
>>> partitions join.
>>> So I'm unsure what you're referring to here :-)

>>> There is no bias towards past DCs in the election.
>>
>>  From what I understand, election result highly depends on nodes
>> (pacemaker processes) uptime. And DC.old has a great chance to win an
>> election, just because it won it before, and nothing changed in election
>> parameters after that. Please fix me.
>
> Correct.  But its not getting an advantage because it was DC.

But it could have it because it f.e. has greater uptime (and that
actually was a reason it won previous elections, before split-brain).
And then it can drop all cib modifications which happened in a quorate
partition during split-brain. At least some messages in logs (you should
have them) make me think so. If it is possible to avoid this - it would
be great. So, from my PoV, one of two should happen
* DC.old does not win
* DC old wins and replaces its CIB with copy from DC.new

Am I wrong here?

Vladislav