[Pacemaker] Announce: LCMC (Linux Cluster Management Console)

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Sun Oct 2 22:06:11 EDT 2011

On 10/02/2011 11:04 PM, Rasto Levrinc wrote:
> Good news everyone!
>
> I am happy to announce LCMC, Linux Cluster Management Console. LCMC is a
> Java GUI application that configures, manages and visualizes Linux clusters in a
> way that is not possible to be web-based. Specifically it manages clusters
> that use one or more of these components: Pacemaker, Corosync, Heartbeat,
> DRBD, KVM, XEN and LVM.

What does LCMC do that is not possible to be web based? That sounds like an
exaggeration.

> If that sounds familiar, you are right, LCMC is a fork of DRBD MC, that
> unexpectedly passed away. Yes, I was surprised as you are, but after couple of
> minutes of mourning the untimely death as the developer of the DRBD MC, I
> decided to continue with it. I think I am not the only one to mourn it, other
> Pacemaker GUIs have a long long way to go and also this one is awesome.

Since you describe it as a fork does that mean that LCMC is a project
competing with DRBD MC or is it actually replacing DRBD MC?
You should add a "LICENSE" file to the github repo to make it clear that
this is a GPL project (the README contains a copyright notice but doesn't
mention any licensing terms).

Regards,
   Dennis