[Pacemaker] dealing with non uptodate dual primary drbd resources and possible constraints

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Thu Oct 27 15:34:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I found this a rather tough one.

I have a dual primary DRBD setup for Xen live migration.
The DRBD part is taken care of by a master drbd resource (linbit). It
has a monitoring operation that puts it primary (master) if it's
secondary (salve) for some reason.
I was surprised to see that in case of a drbd node with an invalidated
resource, the resource was happily put into primary (master) state
during the sync (so while not being uptodate).
Obviously this poses a problem, as the cluster might decide to start a
Xen DomU on the non-uptodate drbd node.

Is there any way I can avoid that with a constraint? Or should I go
about things differently so it is not able to set the resource into
master before the acutal sync is done?

Thx !!!

B.