[Pacemaker] cloning primatives with differing params

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Oct 25 14:45:41 EDT 2011

I want to create a stonith primitive and clone it for each node in my
cluster.  I'm using the fence-agents virsh agent as my stonith
primitive.  Currently for a single node it looks like:

primitive st-pm-node1 stonith:fence_virsh \
	params ipaddr="192.168.122.1" login="xxx" passwd="xxx" port="node1" action="reboot" pcmk_host_list="node1" pcmk_host_check="static-list" pcmk_host_map="" secure="true"

But of course that only works for one node and I want to create a
clonable primitive that will apply to all nodes as they are added
to the cluster.  What is stumping me though is the required "port"
parameter which is the node to stonith.  I've not seen an example
of how a clone resource can be created that can substitute values
in for each clone.  Is that even possible?

On a pretty un-related question... given an asymmetric cluster, is there
a way to specify that a resource can run on any node without having
to add a location constraint for each node as they are added?

Cheers,
b.