[Pacemaker] [Linux-cluster] new to pacemaker and heartbeat on debian...getting error..

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Mon Oct 17 10:07:43 EDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 04:02 AM, Joey L wrote:
> Hi - New to heartbeat and pacemaker on debian.
> Followed a tutorial online at:
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Debian_Lenny_HowTo
>

> and now getting this error -
>

> root at deb2:/home/mjh# sudo crm_mon --one-shot
> ============
> Last updated: Sun Oct 16 21:56:43 2011
> Stack: openais
> Current DC: deb1 - partition with quorum
> Version: 1.0.9-74392a28b7f31d7ddc86689598bd23114f58978b
> 2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
> 1 Resources configured.
> ============
>
> Online: [ deb1 deb2 ]
>

> Failed actions:
>     failover-ip_start_0 (node=deb2, call=35, rc=1, status=complete):
> unknown error
>     failover-ip_start_0 (node=deb1, call=35, rc=1, status=complete):
> unknown error
> root at deb2:/home/mjh#

Please provide your config ... best is the ouput of "cibadmin -Q".
Reading the logs should also give you valuable hints.

One shot into the dark: there is no interface up with an IP in the same
subnet you configured your failover-ip and you did not explicitly
defined an interface.

And there is a dedicated Pacemaker mailinglist, I set it on cc for this
thread.

Regards,
Andreas

--