[Pacemaker] OCFS2 causing stonith

Prakash Velayutham Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Oct 6 16:32:43 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have pretty much tested most of the failure scenarios (with respect to the cluster stack/network/hardware etc.) with my 2-node Corosync/Pacemaker/OCFS2 cluster and it has been satisfactory. Now, I am turning my attention to OCFS2 itself and it pretty much failed right away. My OCFS2 file system is being used for MySQL database (failover setup) and when I try to copy a big (66GB) file into the OCFS2 file system, it immediately causes OCFS2 monitor process to time out and thereby causes STONITH. Any one here knows what is wrong?

Corosync - 1.3.0-5.6.1
Pacemaker - 1.1.5-5.5.5
OCFS2 - 1.4.3-0.16.7

Thanks,