[Pacemaker] Fencing xen-server host

Fiorenza Meini fmeini at esseweb.eu
Mon Oct 3 10:03:28 EDT 2011

Il 22/09/2011 12:23, Dejan Muhamedagic ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:56:57AM +0200, Fiorenza Meini wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I found this:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/fence-xenserver/wiki/Installation
>>
>> I installed on my test cluster system and from command line it works
>> properly, but I have problem while configuring it as primitive with the
>> command crm.
>
> What kind of problem?
>
> IIRC you were to try the libvirt stonith plugin. Is that the
> same thing you're trying to solve here? How did libvirt fare?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dejan

I could not run libvirt stonith plugin with virtual machine on xenserver.
I used the one found here
http://code.google.com/p/fence-xenserver/wiki/Installation, which isn't
the plugin itself but only tools to reboot or power off VM. I wrote a
simple shell script as stonith plugin, which in turn calls the library
passing it parameter as required. My script interprets the commands of
cluster and then call the library to fence VM. It works well.

Regards
--

Fiorenza Meini
Spazio Web S.r.l.