[Pacemaker] Node removal in corosync-based cluster

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue May 31 06:00:10 EDT 2011

31.05.2011 12:32, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 05:27:41PM +0300, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 30.05.2011 17:12, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Did you try just "crm node delete ..."? That should do whatever's
>>> necessary to remove a node (on which pacemaker be down).
>>
>> What extra commands does it run comparing to Pacemaker Explained?
>
> I must say that I don't know, easy to check in the code, but it
> should do whatever's necessary. If it doesn't then we need to fix
> it. The idea is that users don't need to know about cibadmin,
> crm_node, and such stuff.

The problem is not how to delete node, this works with cibadmin, and
should work with crm shell too. Node is deleted and everything is fine
until pacemaker restart on any remaining node. But after such restart
node re-appears in cib. That should be some artifact in pacemaker (e.g.
not all node-specific data is deleted from some list and that list is
then consulted for a list of nodes). qourum-votes are not touched btw,
they show correct number. Hm. Not sure if clone instances are allocated.
Probably not.
Problem is quite minor, I wrote that just to note that it exists.

Best,
Vladislav