[Pacemaker] corosync-quorumtool configuration

Serge Dubrouski sergeyfd at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:11:05 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM, "Roman Schartlmüller" <
> roman_schartlmueller at gmx.at> wrote:
>

>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> > Datum: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:30:47 +0200
>> > Von: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl>
>> > An: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
>> > Betreff: Re: [Pacemaker] corosync-quorumtool configuration

>> something
>> >
>> > Maybe lose the "no-quorum-policy=ignore" options. And a html mail with
>> > tables really :D
>> >
>> > Kind regards,
>> >
>> > Jelle de Jong
>> >
>> Sorry, I did not know that html emails are unwanted. no-quorum-policy =
>> "ignore" means that the node should not worry about the loss of quorum. But
>> the quorum is lost anyway.
>>
>> I would like to know how to increase the votes of a node. Somehow, the
>> value remains to 1.
>>

> I don't think that that feature of Cororsync is supported by Pacemaker. I
> can be wrong here. So far the rule of thumb was: 2 nodes cluster never has a
> quorum, add one more node.

And if you think more it shouldn't work in 2 nodes cluster. Let's say you
set up one node with 1 vote another node with 2 votes and expected votes set
to 2 as well. Now pretend that your node with 2 votes dies. You loose your
cluster in this way. Using nodes with number of votes higher than 1 makes
sense for clusters with even numbers of nodes that can be split equally.
Then partition that includes the node with higher number of votes wins.

--
Serge Dubrouski.