[Pacemaker] Using Pacemaker/Corosync to do status based upon a web page output

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue May 24 11:57:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 02:39:20AM +1200, Phil Hunt wrote:
> Hi
>

> Our application suite generates a full suite webpage for status.  If it
> comes up cleanly, it means things are running and the pieces each report
> on the page.
>

> Is there anyway to scrape a webpage and get a status that can trigger
> failovers, etc?
>

> Something like:
>

> primitive webCheck ocf:Webscrape \
>         params checkString = "page status string"
> URL="http://w.ab.com/statuspage" \
>
>                name="scrape_v"
>

> Check the page listed for string listed.  Return value, like ping does, in
> the variable named there

ocf:heartbeat:apache has a quite elaborate monitoring. Take a
look at README.webapps:

/usr/share/doc/packages/resource-agents/README.webapps

One could take out the monitoring code and create a new stateless
RA (such as ocf:heartbeat:MailTo or ocf:pacemaker:ping) which
would just do monitoring and either simply fail on monitor
failure or set an attribute in CIB.

Thanks,

Dejan