[Pacemaker] Multi-site support in pacemaker (tokens, deadman, CTR)

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon May 16 06:27:49 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-16T09:55:13, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> >> Couldn't both sides start shooting each other until one looses the token?
> >
> > Not more than before, though I'd expect a side that freshly rebooted to
> > come up w/o any token.
> >
> > In general, the possibility for a fencing deathmatch is not different
> > than before, though.
> I disagree.
> Before this, ignoring 2-node clusters for a moment, only one side has
> quorum which is normally a requirement for fencing to begin.

I'm not quite sure I follow. Regular fencing is completely the same as
before - i.e., nodes will be fenced in the same situations as before.

Only when a ticket is revoked or lost does the deadman-fencing kick in,
but that is mostly separate from quorum?

> With this, its more like no-quorum-policy=ignore where even a single
> node can start shooting.

A single node - or in general, a non-quorate partition - can only start
shoting _itself_ when it loses a ticket. I'm not sure I follow what
you're trying to discuss here; maybe you can rephrase?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.