[Pacemaker] Using SCSI reservations with Pacemaker

Max Williams Max.Williams at betfair.com
Thu May 12 10:21:29 EDT 2011

Good point, thanks!
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree [mailto:lmb at suse.de]
Sent: 12 May 2011 12:50
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager; Evgeny Nifontov; Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com>
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] Using SCSI reservations with Pacemaker

On 2011-05-10T14:57:58, Max Williams <Max.Williams at betfair.com> wrote:

> Hi Florian,
> I've installed the sg_persist RA, configured it and it works as expected with a Netapp iSCSI LUN, excellent!

Good feedback! One comment:

> Here is my configuration:
> primitive scsi_reservation ocf:heartbeat:sg_persist params
> sg_persist_resource="scsi_reservation0" devs="/dev/dm-6 /dev/dm-7"
> required_devs_nof="2" reservation_type=1

You shouldn't use "dm-*" device names. Those aren't guaranteed persistent across reboots, and you may end up reserving something quite different then what you intended. You may have better success with
/dev/disk/by-id/* paths.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." -- Oscar Wilde

Bugs: http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Pacemaker