[Pacemaker] Multi-site support in pacemaker (tokens, deadman, CTR)

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu May 12 07:40:09 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-03T08:28:06, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. I missed that there actually was one open
detail still.

> >> Question though... what about no-quorum-policy=ignore ?
> > That was implicit somewhere later on, I think. The CTR must be able to
> > cope with multiple partitions of the same site, and would only grant the
> > T to one of them.
> But you'll still have a (longer) time when both partitions will think
> they own the token.
> Potentially long enough to begin starting resources.

No. Because starting/acquiring the resources would still depend on a
"local" fence of the other side. This is protected against by our
regular dependencies already.

Or am I missing something still?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.