[Pacemaker] clone specific configuration options

Shravan Mishra shravan.mishra at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:10:56 EDT 2011

Hi,

"globally-unique" --- Does each copy of the clone perform a different
function? Allowed values: true, false

I was looking for some more explanation because of my weak
understanding of the above statement:

Let's say I have pure clones like "ping"  vs master/slave clones
running on 2 machines.

Now both the resources running on separate machines ping same ip   so
are they performing same function?
My understanding is no.

What are the implications if I set globally-unique as true even when
they are performing same functions?

Similarly let's say derby is running in master/slave configuration,
are they performing unique functions?
My understanding is yes.

Again what are the implications if I set globally-unique as false even
when they are performing different functions?

Thanks
Shravan