[Pacemaker] Help for my first test

Robert van Leeuwen vanleeuwen at stone-it.com
Sat Feb 26 09:05:31 EST 2011

-----Original message-----
To:	pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org;
From:	Arthur B. Olsen <ABO at ft.fo>
Sent:	Sat 26-02-2011 13:58
Subject:	[Pacemaker] Help for my first test
> Im a Pacemaker newbie. I have read the docs and googled some around. But still
> i can't connect the dots.
>
> I have two nodes.
>
> Node1 (192.168.0.1)
> Node2 (192.168.0.2)
>
> I want a failover ipaddress (192.168.0.3), so that when Node1 is up it has
> eth0:0 with 192.168.0.3.
> And if Node1 fails, Node2 get the eth0:0 with 192.168.0.3.
> And when Node1 comes up again it gets the shared ip back.

Arthur,

You need to setup a node preference for auto-failback of a resource.
Also, when a node in a 2 node cluster fails you lose quorum and the cluster cannot function unless there is quorum.
It is highly recommended that you add a third node for quorum/voting to prevent a "split brain" situation.
(Especially if you have a possibity of data corruption.)

If this is not possible you have to set the no-quorum-policy to ignore to enable the cluster to continue functioning if quorum is lost.
"crm configure property no-quorum-policy=ignore"

You should also configure fencing devices like an APC powerswitch (preffered way) or e.g. an IPMI device (almost all servers support this)

Regards,
Robert van Leeuwen