[Pacemaker] Validate strategy for RA on DRBD standby node

David McCurley mac at fabric.com
Thu Feb 24 11:17:57 EST 2011

I'm not trying to start it.  The problem is that my validate function was failing.  Here is the case:

Deploy RA on both nodes (master DRBD and slave).
Edit crm config to add the ldap resource, co_location,etc.
Save the config and Pacemaker attempts to start the LDAP, but it also runs a check on both the master and the slave, and my validate was failing on the slave since it didn't have the file system resources for ldap available.

We are in active/passive case so it is problems with my code when PM runs the monitor/validate check on the slave.  The live ldap instance is colocated with DRBD, filesystem, eg from crm configure show:

node vcoresrv1 \
	attributes standby="off"
node vcoresrv2 \
	attributes standby="off"
primitive clusterip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
	params ip="192.168.1.4" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" iflabel="cip" \
	op monitor interval="30s"
primitive clusteripsourcing ocf:heartbeat:IPsrcaddr \
	params ipaddress="192.168.1.4" \
	op monitor interval="10" timeout="20s" depth="0"
primitive ldap ocf:fabric:openldap \
    op monitor interval="10"
primitive drbd_vcoreshare ocf:linbit:drbd \
	params drbd_resource="r0" \
	op start interval="0" timeout="240s" \
	op stop interval="0" timeout="100s" \
	op promote interval="0" timeout="90s" \
	op demote interval="0" timeout="90s" \
	op monitor interval="15s"
primitive fs_vcoreshare ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
	params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/r0" directory="/vcoreshare" fstype="ext4" \
	op start interval="0" timeout="60s" \
	op stop interval="0" timeout="60s"
ms ms_drbd_vcoreshare drbd_vcoreshare \
	meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
colocation clusterip_with_vcoreshare inf: clusterip fs_vcoreshare
colocation ipsourcing_with_clusterip inf: clusteripsourcing clusterip
colocation vcoreshare_on_drbd inf: fs_vcoreshare ms_drbd_vcoreshare:Master
colocation ldap_with_vcoreshare inf: ldap fs_vcoreshare
order clusterip_after_vcoreshare inf: fs_vcoreshare clusterip
order ldap_after_clusterip inf: clusterip ldap
order ipsourcing_after_clusterip inf: clusterip clusteripsourcing
order vcoreshare_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_vcoreshare:promote fs_vcoreshare:start
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
	dc-version="1.0.8-042548a451fce8400660f6031f4da6f0223dd5dd" \
	cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
	expected-quorum-votes="2" \
	stonith-enabled="false" \
	no-quorum-policy="ignore"