[Pacemaker] iscsi migration to slow (disk errors) tune pacemaker or open-iscsi?

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Thu Feb 24 08:51:27 EST 2011

Hi,

sorry for top-posting.

I'd tune node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout,
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval and
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout.

I use (but I use two portals and multipath as well, this imposes a bit
different handling) 360, 0, 0 for them.

I use iet at target side, so I also need (at least needed when I first
tried with iet 1.4.18) to block incoming/outgoing iscsi traffic with
iptables on target while migrating target/lun/ips to another node. tgt
seems (at least what I read in various places around intenet) to be free
from this issue, so you probably do not need this.

So, tuning that three parameters should be enough. First can be set to
some very high value (3600 or even much bigger), so IO requests will be
blocked for that time, IO on VM will freeze, but you will not get
read-only root partition there.

Hope this helps,

Vladislav